check image is secure?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mantra, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i have some ti9 images
    my question is :

Is the ti9(last build) check feature secure?

if i run ti9 check image/archive , could i be secure 100% that the image is not corrupted?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mantra,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that if your image archives are successfully checked while runnig Acronis True Image 9.0 within Windows and booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media then we do not expect any problems in restoring these particular image archives.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks Kirill Omelchenko

i'm talking about the bootcd

i'm asking if is secure at 100% because to me it takes only few seconds to check an archive of 2 gigao_O
    i'm asking if ti9 check the whole archive or only the first & last data of the file

4. Acronis Support

Hello mantra,

Please be aware that as Kirill has already pointed out, we do not expect any problems restoring an image archive that verifies successfully both from under Windows and when using Bootable Rescue CD. I'm afraid that in order be completely sure there is no other way than to perform the actual restore.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- How much time does it take exactly to verify the image when the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows?

- How much time does it take exactly to verify the image when computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0?

- Where do you store this image?

- Do you receive any error,warning or informational messages? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

The embedded Check Archive tool always checks the entire image archive, even if it consists of several volumes (i.e. image archive is splitted into several parts or consists of the initial full image plus a number of incremental or differential images).

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Alexey Popov thanks for the answer

40 seconds

3 minutes

in a second sata hardisk

nope:)

the archive is 1.7 GIGA

6. Acronis Support

Hello mantra,

As far as I understand, you are trying to check the 1.7Gb image archive and it takes 3 minutes to successfully complete the operation. This time is normal and you can be confident that you will not encounter any problems while restoring this image.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks for the answer Kirill Omelchenko

i think i'm not very clear

maybe you know what is a Reallocated Sector Count , you know when an hardisk found a rotten sector , it substitutes with a new , but the data in the old sector is lost!

does the check feature give me the secure(100%) that the image is not corrupted?

8. Acronis Support

Hello mantra,

From this point, yes it does, because if some of the sectors this particular image archive resides on are replaced with another ones then the verification of this image archive will fail because of the differences in checksums that are being calculated during the image verificatoin procedure.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

:D thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.