Check Archive Integrity in Summary Means What?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by seekforever, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In the Summary screen before the archive creation starts there is an entry:

Check Archive Integrity--- Archive integrity will be checked

What does this mean in practice? Is the archive verified after or during its creation? Is this a different mechanism than the verify such as a read comparison of the sector content with the original while writing the archive?

Other places seem to indicate you can incorporate data for subsequent archive checking but it doesn't say it gets used unless you presumably do a manual verification.

I'd like to get a better understanding of archive integrity assurance procedures in this program. I am a firm believer in the concept that anything that enchances the chance of identifying a bad archive before you really need it is a good idea.

A bit more:

I notice in the manual it mentions the "Contol Archive Integrity" feature as guaranteeing all images are 100% flawless. However in the wizard graphic above it the words say that data is written to the archive that can be used later used during the restore to check the integrity. If it is only checked when restoring the archive then sorry, it is too darn late to do you much good - this is not the time to find out it is a dud. Of course, you can manually check the archive. I'm trying to find out if a manual check is essential and if it is, then how to automate it without much fooling around.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.