Charter Security Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by snippits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. snippits

snippits Registered Member

Since all the computers, laptops, and etc. are using Norton Security in my house, I decided to use the Charter Security Suite that I get for free because I have Charter internet service. Been using it the last few days, and it is running just fine on my Windows 10 machine. From what I can gather, it's just F-Secure Internet Security without the banking protection.

Anybody else using the Charter Security Suite?

2. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Hi. I also have Charter internet service and have used the Charter Security Suite on an older laptop that I recently got rid of. I think that the product is fine. I never encountered any problems using it and it seems to have run pretty light on my computer. I don't think I encountered any malware while using it so I don't know about its effectiveness in that regard although I assume it is good since as you mentioned, it is a version of F-Secure Internet Security.

It is missing the banking protection feature and I could never figure out if its other modules were the latest available from F-Secure. For some reason, I always assumed that the Charter product was probably just a tiny bit behind the latest F-Secure product with regard to module updating. Also, I could never figure out a way to password protect the settings on the Charter Security Suite. That worried me since I have a few relatives who come to my house and occasionally mess up things on the computer. One last thing I worried about was whether or not Charter was following the same information gathering policies as F-Secure. I have great respect for F-Secure as a company but I probably have less trust in Charter. Mega-cable company ... 'nuff said.

Having said all of that, I think if someone is a reasonably smart computer user and has good physical control over their computer, then the Charter Security Suite can provide good protection. It is hard to complain about getting free F-Secure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.