Changing DNS,safe program?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

After reading the poll on the DNS usage I discovered something.My ISP is quicker at nights but Open DNS is quicker at the day time.Instead of changing the DNS every time is there a software to change DNS quickly?
    I found one; called DNS Jumper,it says it is portable but I do not know if it is safe to use that kind of software.

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    There are a few network profile changing programs out there, the popular one was NetSwitcher. Often used by laptop "road warriers" that travel from network to network and need custom settings.

There are a few free ones out there, can probably find some at tucows or snapfiles or your favorite legit software download house.

Personally I'd stick to OpenDNS, as one of it's main benefits (the main reason I use it, and every network I setup for my clients is using it)....you have an added layer of protection against malware, as known bad malware sites are automatically blocked by OpenDNS.

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

5. cet

cet Registered Member

I found NetSetMan and I am using it.The free version allows you to have 6 different profiles which is more than enough for me.And it is also portable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.