Changing browser page settings

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by simple, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simple

simple Registered Member

I just installed Spyware Blaster 3.2 & everything was fine except I couldn't figure out how to change browser settings to delete settings I didn't want - it just didn't seem to work. This is in Tools, Browser Pages. Do you have to type in a new address for every one you want to get rid of?? Part of my problem may be that my dear son was using my computer yesterday and changed some of my browser settings I think, because he uses Yahoo (I use Google for home page, toolbar, searches, etc.). But there are other problems - MSN listed as search page instead of Google (can NEVER seem to keep MSN from butting in, I guess b/c I use Hotmail) and then there's that "Windows\System32\blank\htm" thing which I have NO idea what to do with. I have Windows XP, updated, but without SP2, on a Dell Inspiron 2650; I also use Norton Internet Suite 2005 and SpyBot, also just installed, although I've had it and AdAware, etc., before.

Can anyone tell me how this function works, or why it's not?? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey simple....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Browser Pages: This displays many of the "browser pages" on your system (for example, your homepage, various search pages, etc.) and provides the functionality to change any of them.

When viewing those settings....click on one of the items and then select the More Info On Item button. You can attempt to find the setting your wanting to modify and yes you have to provide the URL address.

The....Windows\System32\blank\htm....is an option some users select when they want a blank page to appear when they open their browser.

If you need help with any specific entry....just let us know which one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.