Changes you make to default ESET Nod32 AV settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomazyk, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I like to know what changes you make in Advanced setup after installing Nod32 AV?

Here is a list of my:

-Real-time file system protection: I disable scan of network drives and scan on file open and file execution.
    -Document protection: I enable "Integrate into system" option.
    -Exclusions: I add other security software folders (Sandboxie, Malware Defender) and Utorrent download folder.
    -Removable media: I disable "Action to take..." option
    -Email clients: I change action to Move infected email to Deleted items folder
    -Protocol filtering - Excluded applications: I add Utorrent.exe to exclusions
    -Update: I enabled "Do not display notification..." option
    -Idle state detection: I disable all options
    -User interface - Graphics: I disable "Show splash-screen at startup"
    -Scheduler: I only leave enabled Log Maintenance, Regular automatic update set for every 4 hours and Automatic startup file check after successful update.

So, what are modifications in setup that you make to you installation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please primarily use our official forum at https://forum.eset.com to ask questions related to ESET's products.
    As for your list, the following effectively disables real-time protection and puts your computer at risk:
    -Real-time file system protection: I disable scan of network drives and scan on file open and file execution.

3. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Sorry if I posted this thread on wrong forum. I just posted this thread to see how other Wilders members configure their software.
    I've also seen few threads about ESET in this section, so I didn't think it should be a problem.

Moderator can close this thread if they think that it shouldn't be on this forum.

EDIT: just to answer Marcos about setup modification. I have disabled those options because Malware Defender is also monitoring my systems and notifies me about new processes and other unusual activity. OTOH, during installations and when I update my system and applications I disable MD. In those cases NOD can protect the system. So I decided to re-enabled those settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.