Changes you make to default ESET Nod32 AV settings

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomazyk, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I like to know what changes you make in Advanced setup after installing Nod32 AV?

Here is a list of my:

-Real-time file system protection: I disable scan of network drives and scan on file open and file execution.
    -Document protection: I enable "Integrate into system" option.
    -Exclusions: I add other security software folders (Sandboxie, Malware Defender) and Utorrent download folder.
    -Removable media: I disable "Action to take..." option
    -Email clients: I change action to Move infected email to Deleted items folder
    -Protocol filtering - Excluded applications: I add Utorrent.exe to exclusions
    -Update: I enabled "Do not display notification..." option
    -Idle state detection: I disable all options
    -User interface - Graphics: I disable "Show splash-screen at startup"
    -Scheduler: I only leave enabled Log Maintenance, Regular automatic update set for every 4 hours and Automatic startup file check after successful update.

So, what are modifications in setup that you make to you installation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please primarily use our official forum at https://forum.eset.com to ask questions related to ESET's products.
    As for your list, the following effectively disables real-time protection and puts your computer at risk:
    -Real-time file system protection: I disable scan of network drives and scan on file open and file execution.

3. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

Sorry if I posted this thread on wrong forum. I just posted this thread to see how other Wilders members configure their software.
    I've also seen few threads about ESET in this section, so I didn't think it should be a problem.

Moderator can close this thread if they think that it shouldn't be on this forum.

EDIT: just to answer Marcos about setup modification. I have disabled those options because Malware Defender is also monitoring my systems and notifies me about new processes and other unusual activity. OTOH, during installations and when I update my system and applications I disable MD. In those cases NOD can protect the system. So I decided to re-enabled those settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.