Changeing and adding rules

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Delgado, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

I have been testing Lns now for a week, and like it very much. I will buy it I think.

What I dont understand is why a lot of people want to keep adding and changeing rules. Dont get me wrong, I dont wish to upset anyone, and people have been very kind and helpful, but I am a Silver Surfer, and cant really be bothered with all this adding business (Over 60 the brain slows up) :D

If you are running with the advanced rules, which I am, and a prog works, why do you need to add rules from the Lns site. One example is Bit torrent, I am running utorrent, which works perfectly without me adding anything, so why do I need to put in Bit torrent rie? I am downloading and uploading at speed. A few members have told me to add rules which I am pleased about, and have done it, but it made no difference to my speeds.

Thanks in anticipation, Delgado.

2. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

i told u so... anyway some TRACKERS require u to forward the port ..thus making u connectable..others dont give a *** .. im using phantom's ruleset and love it! have not added any .rie rule either

3. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

you should add bittorrent rule because

i am using special rie for bittorrent protocol,i think you should create your own rie for bittorrent because some ports are black listed in trackers ;)

4. Delgado

Delgado Registered Member

Ok thanks for replies. One more question on the subject, if I may.

When you add a set of rules that are already made up, eg Bit Torrent, or any of the sets that you can download from Lns, if you set your Lns to use those rules when a particular prog is used, Where do you place the rie set of rules, at the top or where? Sureley you dont have to break up the set and place them in different places?

I would have thought, speaking as a rank amateur on the subject, that if that prog is going to use that set of rules, as a complete set , it would make no difference, so you can place at top.

I hope all that makes sense!

:thumb: :thumb:

5. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Delgado,

Please see this link post# 20 by Phant0m,and that should answer your question, it is correct answer you are looking for reguardless of what rule-set you are using.Good Luck :)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=106611

Post #20

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.