change temp drive letters after back up and verify ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by redmike, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redmike

redmike Registered Member

Hi,

I just made a back up and it verified as OK !!!

I noticed the temp drive letters when I looked at my files in "explore image".

Should I change them to match the originals ?

thanks,

Mike

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure you can. Whilst you can copy files from the virtual drive, you can't move, delete or write anything to it. Personally, I would wait until after an image is restored. If the drive letters are still incorrect then it's an easy matter to change them using Windows' "Disk Management>All Tasks>Change Drive Letter and Paths" feature.

Regards

3. redmike

It's possible to change them - there's a drop down box where it says "do no mount".

I just took another look and the list of letters offered to me is L-Z which I don't want anyway.

I was worried that it would cause a problem if and when (hopefully never :) I restored but that sounds like not to be an issue.

thanks,

Mike

4. Menorcaman

Perhaps I misunderstood. Yes, you can change the drive letter of the mounted virtual drive but I'm pretty sure you can't change the drive letters displayed in the actual image.

Regards

5. redmike

I probably didn't explain it properly. This area is not my field at all :rolleyes:

Why would one want to change the drive letters of the mounted virtual drive ?

thanks,

Mike

6. Menorcaman

Hmm, not 100% sure. However, it could be that you can ensure the virtual drive letter is well up the alphabet so that it doesn't interfere with subsequent drive letter assignments such as when plugging in an external disk etc.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.