Change partition number.

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by atin90, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atin90

atin90 Registered Member

Does anyone know why DI does not include a way to change Primary partition numbers 0-3. I have been using the RANISH Partition manager to do this just for this feature. The Ranish program is very outdated and it is outright dangerous with some of it features. It does nut understand NTFS format so I use it only for changing partition number, selecting default boot partition.

Here is why I need this feature:

I use a USB memory drive to store some of my data and it is NTFS formatted. In order to have this partition visible in Windows, this partition must be partition 0. I also have two other partitions on this drive. The second partition is only used for booting to DOS for emergency repairs and also to be used as a temporary storage for BIOS update files that need to be on a FAT formatted partition. The third partition contains True Image.

In order to install True Image, the partition that will be used must be partition 0 during format and install. Same goes for the DOS partition.

When done, I use OSL2000 boot selector to boot to the appropriate partition. I could use the Ranish feature to be boot selector but it is too cryptic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.