Change order of Boot up to CD ROM from A drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Connie77, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connie77

Connie77 Registered Member

How do I use the BIOS to change the order of booting from the A drive to the CD-ROM? Everything I read says to use the BIOS setup utility, but nothing tells you how to access it. I am using Windows ME. Thanks, Connie

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

You need to go into the BIOS and look for an option like Boot Order and change it. It'll be obvious once you see it.

It might help if you can post your motherbaord as the BIOS has nothing to do with Windows.

Do you know how to get into the BIOS?

Please ignore - bad advice. See below....

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  3. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Connie, if you are not familiar with going into the BIOS of your motherboard then I recommend you get someone to show you. It's quite easy to make BIOS setting changes once you know how but wrong settings in BIOS can render your PC inoperable so it's not worth the risk of you guessing how to do it and making a mistake.

4. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Blimey i'm glad someone's thinking for me today. If i'd spent 2 seconds thinking about what i was posting i would never have posted the above because pjb024 is exactly right.....

Cheers pjb024

Connie - ignore me....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.