Change logs: utterly useless

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by norrisg, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norrisg

norrisg Registered Member

What the heck use does Acronis think the current change logs for ATI are? For 3666 it was "GUI Fixes" and "Better hardware support", for 3677 it is "Better hardware support" and "GUI Fixes"!

Acronis: this tells us nothing whatsoever! Either describe what has changed, or quit this absurd charade of pretending you are providing some useful information.

Graham.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I agree. And no one else in the software industry would get away with this, so I'm not sure how Acronis is. It does suggest that their quality control and fault tracking is not that good. It's not rocket science to convert a list of fixes and modifications into a release note and change history.

Why is this important? Because users and prospects do need to know in advance of spending hours of their time downloading/installing/finding out impirically whether a fault has been fixed or not or whether the new version now includes their hardware. If you have added support for a new piece of hardware why would you not mention it ??

What I suggest you need is a published list of faults or features which you have agreed to work on, and then indicate which ones are carried out for the next release.

Acronis, we have complained about this issue for months and years. Can you offer a credible reason why you ignore it?

F

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I also agree and I believe that virtually all the contributors to this community would be of the same opinion. A proper change log would not just help us the users but also Acronis support people as well. It would then be possible for them to give more definite answers rather than the trite catch all to download and install the latest build whether or not it address the users problem.

Xpilot

4. Mascot

Mascot Registered Member

I had a giggle over them just switching the sequence of the two entries of the previous changelog myself. It was as if the one responsible for updating it sat there thinking "How embarassing. I can't just type the exact same thing once again, let me at least switch them around".

Even World of Warcraft addon creators produce better changelogs than Acronis. That should be saying a lot.

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

ABSOLUTELY !

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As this is clearly not a Support issue but more a rant\suggestion....We'll close this thread now and ask you to consider making this known via the Acronis Wish List thread....but a little more respectfully of course ;)

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.