Change Location of Backup Server backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bunky1115, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunky1115

Bunky1115 Registered Member

I installed the backup server, and am trying to backup a workstation to it. I keep running out of disk space. I can't find any options on where to change the default of where the backup goes.

Cany someone please help me with this?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bunky1115,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that Acronis Backup Server allows you to automate the processes of creating, storing and deleting backups. We recommend that you provide the corresponding comment when creating backup in Acronis Backup Server. If you added a comment to the archive, it will be displayed to the right of the drives tree shown on the second screen of the Restore Data Wizard. In such a way you will always be able to tell the difference between the backups saved to Acronis Backup Server and choose the appropriate one for restoration.

Please note that when installed on a computer (which becomes a backup server from this point on), Acronis Backup Server creates the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\BackupServer. This folder is a default backup location. Therefore, you will be able to store backup archive to Acronis Backup Server as long as there enough space on this drive. You can change the default backup location and its quotas/time limits by selecting Specify Default Settings -> Set backup location and entering the desired location and values.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis Backup Server in the corresponding Acronis True Image version User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.