Change in settings

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Hefaistos22, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hefaistos22

Hefaistos22 Registered Member

In new version - v4, i cant change any settings,even when im on administrator account:-/ im using windows XP,anyone can help me?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What error do you get when you change settings and click OK to save them?

3. Hefaistos22

i will try to translate it to english : "During saving settings an error ocured. Saving was not ended correctly. You will find more informations about settings in help."

In help i can find something like :" Only users with administrator rights can save settings. When user with limited rights try to save settings,the error message appear. To make system changes, try contact system administrator"

I tried to log in as administrator ,but it didnt work..same message.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps permissions for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security key or its subkeys are not set properly for the current user. Check it in safe mode. You can also try uninstalling ESS and installing it in this account.

5. Hefaistos22

well,i fugured it out alone:) i tried to install v3 and than v4 over it and keep settings,but even in v3 i cant change settings:-/ so i used system restore,and restored pc to yesterday,when it was working well,than installed v4 and it is working now:)but thanks for your time and help!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.