Change forum name to 'Webroot SecureAnywhere'

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Cruise, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Why hasn't this been done already (since Prevx was acquired by Webroot)? I, for one, was unaware of the company acquisition and product relationship so I posted my recent WSA thread under 'Other Firewalls'. Surely there are other WSA users (or those interested in WSA) who might just think their post belongs in the 'Other' forums rather than this one! :doubt:

Cruise

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Also think that a change would be a good idea.

3. c2d

c2d Registered Member

It makes sense to me :thumb:

4. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Yes - changing the forum's name is a 'no brainer' - please do it. :thumb: :thumb:

5. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I agree

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

It's been requested before, but I think it won't be done. Giving this forum section the name "Webroot SecureAnywhere" might be misleading as the official forums is actually located here.

This Wilders' section is highly unofficial. I think that is why the moderators of Prevx section haven't requested a change of name. :)

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Exactly, this is still a Prevx forum (although we are nearly finished moving customers over to Webroot) but for the time being this is still predominately intended to be a Prevx forum, hence my username :)

8. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Seems very silly to me that these forums have not been renamed after all this time. I really doubt someone is going to mistake the two websites.

9. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

What's gone happen with this forum in relationship with Wilders Security Forums after the point of moving costumers over to Webroot

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I hope there will be still a forum here as well.

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i agree. no offense to joe or webroot but im really not crazy about the forum over there. i just dont like "kudos" style forums. its also not very easy to navigate to find threads i have not read as this is here. i really hope we have a forum here still. i MUCH more frequently am here than anyone elses av forums. everyone going away from a traditional style forum to these new style ones just not my cup of tea. i dont mind ones that say thanks but not ones with user ratings etc that drives my personally crazy. i do still go there to read once in a while but i end up usually not staying nearly as long as i do here.

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

It's the same in the Webroot forum as here in the Wilders, unread threads being bold.;)

13. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

As a brand new WSA user, and brand new to their forums, I am having a hard time negotiating their forums. For one, I cannot find a "new posts" button or a "mark all read" button over there....

14. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I don't use the kudos system either. It is a forum gimmick, and one doesn't have to use it. Saying and giving thanks in a post is just as good, if not better.

The thread structure does take a bit of getting used to, but unread posts/threads are boldened. I go to my profile first and see if any threads I've participated in have new posts, then I begin to explore.

I would say users are encouraged to give their opinions on things they like or don't like. That way the team know, and can make improvements/changes where necessary. After all, it is a community for all Webroot and I'm sure they'd want users to feel at home, so to speak. :)

15. micafighter

micafighter Registered Member

Well i don't see what is your problem with kudos system. It helps the Webroot team decide what to consider and focus on. And it also keeps a thread clean from a dozen of "thanks" comments. And if you don't like it you don't have to use it.

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I don't like the kudos thing, either. Also, I do my talking here about WSA...I have no interest in signing up to another forum.

It just becomes too taxing to follow different forums, continually.

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

It isn't just for the Ideas Exchange or posts where users make suggestions for the Webroot team to consider. The actual premise behind the kudos system is to give a thumbs-up to a comment, idea or solution someone has posted. In some ways, you could say it's similar to the Like system on Facebook.

I agree though that one doesn't have to use it, but it looks like it is built into the software they use for their forums so people have a choice of whether to use it or not.

18. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Looks like it's Lithium based as used for UK VirginMedia's Help & Support fora?

Back on topic: when you change this forums name, don't forget to include a Mac orientated WSA section as Webroot haven't quite converged their PC & Mac development roadmaps yet? (shouldn't grumble - waiting 5+ years for first Mac iteration was worth the wait anyway…… even if still waiting for Webroot management console to pick up the Apple stuff…. ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.