change file extensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kathyhl, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Hello and I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th weekend :)
    Now on to my question, which will probably sound lame :( .

When I had my Win98, I was able to change my wma to wav, but in my new XP, I can't find where I can do that. I want to upload a song onto a memorial site, but the song is to long, so I needed to take it into my CoolEdit and make it shorter, however, CoolEdit does not read the windows media extension..........so am I just out of luck, or is there something I can do?

Thank you,

Kathy

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

3. pamelajoy

pamelajoy Registered Member

Hello, Kathy! Please come back and tell us how it works. Reading these threads is like a mystery novel, and I always wonder how it turns out. :D

4. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Hi Pam,

Just now got back in and saw your letter. As it turned out, I just downloaded the song directly into a folder in my pc, then took it into my Cool Edit 2000 and from there was able to turn it into an MP3 so I could upload it with no problem.

I did check out the web site Don gave me, which is where I downloaded a program to convert ext. It gave me a little bit of a problem, (which was probably me), but that is when I found out my own music program was also capable of converting, so just deleted the one I downloaded and used Cool Edit 2000.

Kathy :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.