cFosSpeed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by max2, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max2

max2 Registered Member

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Waste of money.

An accelerator made a dial-up line feel fast but you won't get a significantly faster DSL or other broadband download speed with this software.

3. Robot_Z

Robot_Z Registered Member

I remember trying this out because I doubted it worked. I didn't notice any increase in speed over the few days that I had it running. It might be different in your case.

4. max2

max2 Registered Member

I don't think it is suppose to increase your speed you already have.

5. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

6. max2

max2 Registered Member

Exactly I was just curious if anyone else here has used it before?

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Isn't this somewhat along the line of TCP/IP patching? Also, traffic shaping is also used by ISPs to drop your speed if they see you're using too much bandwidth (P2P and in some cases streaming). Two preferable solutions here in my opinion. Either get a faster connection or do these tweaks the manual way via Google and preparation for something screwing up.

8. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

yes i have used , but couldnt experience any difference.
    try it ;)

9. If you're on a broadband connection and getting laggy DNS resolution, you could try on of the various public DNS services, e.g. OpenDNS.

If you're on a dialup connection, you are probably out of luck no matter what you do. Dialup is godawful.

10. If your on dial up you must live in Zimbabwe.

11. muria

muria Registered Member

I have cFosSpeed for about 4 years installed firstly on one PC, right now it is installed on 3 computers connected to router with 2 mbit DSL internet. It is max internet speed I can have in my location.

Without cFosSpeed it was just imposible to browse internet on one PC where another was downloading torrents. The sites were loading for 1 minute and more. Right now due to prioritize connections by programs and communicating of cFosSpeed instances between computers there is possible to use internet by 3 people at once, when first is downloading torrents, second watching youtube and third just surfing.

cFosSpeed is prioritizing, not speeding up your internet.

12. max2

max2 Registered Member

Ok but the question is do I need to have more than one copy of cFosSpeed if I have more than one computer on my network ?

The other pcs are not mine and I don't think they would want another program installed.

13. muria

muria Registered Member

I think you will need copy of cFosSpeed on every computer connected to one network. Without that it will be working only by prioritizing your programs. If another computer on the network will start downloading with full internet speed, then your cFosSpeed will become useless. Maybe is possible for you to enable QoS on router or ask administrator to prioritize connections by type to solve this problem.

Sorry for my english, I forgot conditionals... eh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.