Centrally injecting XML config file in non-central updating stream

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vincent_vh, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincent_vh

vincent_vh Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm reviewing the enteprise product of Eset's NOD32. The network lay-out we are in is quit odd because we would like to offer our costumers (seperate SMBs) a "managed antivirus" (we would manage their antivirus environment). In my opinion, this could be done by linking RAS-servers, and if needed Mirror-servers.
    One of the biggest issues I'm having is trying to unload the (update) traffic from our site while being able to centrally set-up the policies (XML configuration file) for all clients.
    The problem is that the configuration file needs be on the same server hosting the update, namely the Mirror server.

I can't see in the documentation if it is possible to configure a Mirror server (at a costumers site) to download the updates from SERVER1(which would be a ESET update server) and to download the configuration XML file from SERVER2(a server at our enterprise).

Can someone tell me if this is possible?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

With Remote Administrator you can adjust NOD32's settings remotely using a configuration file. It's not possible to update the configuration from another server than that with mirrorred update files.

3. vincent_vh

vincent_vh Registered Member

That's what I was afraid for. I'll keep it in mind.

Many thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.