Censorship and suppression of negative test results on Wilders

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by gmB, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmB

gmB Registered Member

In the SuperAntiSpyware thread somebody posted links to the latest tests on MRG Effitas in which SAS scored badly.

These post got removed without any notification.

I reposted the links and they were removed again. This time with the remark
    "Off topic post removed. Please see the TOS for posting on these forums."
    Of course, there was no offensive wording and also no violation of the TOS.

The thread's topic is SAS v5. So how are independent test results on SAS v5 off-topic?

Is it not allowed to point to bad results? What's the point of this security forum then?
    I get the feeling some products are getting a "special treatment".

I'm disappointed in this forum if criticism can't be voiced in a orderly manner.
    And I'm even more disappointed if it's not done openly but posts get just secretly removed.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

See my explanation replied into that thread just prior to your posting this one:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2139465#post2139465

There's plenty of negative test result discussion that was had in that thread. It went on for many days and is still there for all to see.

It totally defeats the purpose of being able to moderate if people simply restart the closed/moderated topic because they want to add more to it. No forum would allow that. If they have to end something, they aren't going to let it be restarted a few days later, just to have it run the same course again.

Beyond that, we're not going to debate forum moderation here. We run things as we always have and will continue to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.