CD Writing error, process guard responsible?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by timnicebutdim, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Registered Member

Since installing process guard i can't copy files onto CD anymore from either of my cdrom drives. Strange that the properties of the CDRom drives keep turning off writing abilities and when i enable them, i can't copy files over to the drive to be able to write them.

I get an error message saying that windows encounted a problem when trying to copy this files. Theres an option to try again but the error just repeats.

I am sure its process guard which is stopping something that windows needs to use my cd drives. I have process guard in learning mode.

I have tryed disabling protection and turning process guard off... but still the error exists.

Any ideas?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

H timnicebutdim, Probably some sytem od CD writing software files that need to be on both the security and Protection list.
    Enable learning mode and retry your CD / DVD burning etc. You may have to reboot whilst still in learning mode if the software runs as a service.

HTH Pilli

3. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

Hi there. Have you tried to uninstall PG to see if the problem has gone away? Just a guess here, but have you installed ASPI drivers lately? I've had problems in the past from a bad install.

Sorry I can't think of anything else. PG 2.x & 3.x has never given me problems with my cdrw.

4. timnicebutdim

Process guard is in learning mode, tryed rebooting, tryed disabling and rebooting, makes no difference. Have not tryed to uninstall process guard completely.

This computer was recently formated and i was able to burn files perfectly before installing procecss guard.

How would i uninstall process guard completely to see if this problem goes away?

5. timnicebutdim

I keep getting a rundill error.. could that be the cause?

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes, rundll is used by may programs so it should be on your lists, personally I only give it the "Allow once" flag as it could also be used by malware. I just have default settings for rundll on my machines. If you get fed up with all the security alerts you could "permit always" whilst doing a burning session and revert to allow once when finished :)

Pilli

7. timnicebutdim

Its listed as permit always but makes no difference to my problem.

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Have you tried disabling ProcessGuard and then burning?

9. timnicebutdim

Yes i have tryed that.. made no difference.

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Then I think you should be looking elswhere for a solution such as the one described by Clowny?

11. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Whats the RUNDLL error ?
    Have you ticked "block new and changed" (its amazing how many people still do this, despite a huge warning NOT to, when you try)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.