CD Rescue ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mfabien, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

Created an Acronis Rescue CD from the Acronis True Image 10 Control.

The CD boots the computer and starts Windows XP... but that's it. Nothing. And if I click file Bootmenu.exe Windows advises that it's not an appropriate file. If I enter Bootmenu in DOS directory "Recovery Manger", I still get a refusal.

In addition to this so called Rescue Disk, I have a floppy which can boot Windows should my MBR ever be damaged, so, I do expect to be able to boot Windows in the future and once in Windows, I can always bring up the Acronis TI 10 control and get a full restore of my HDD going... so? What am I doing wrong?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

It doesn't sound like you've set the BIOS the boot from CD first. If it is booting the CD you should see Acronis Loading..., then when the screen with Windows, Full, or Safe appears select Full and the rescue environment will load.

3. mfabien

You are absolutely right! I purchased an external CD drive last week and failed to change the setting the USB CD Drive as a boot drive in the Bios.

It booted the Recovery Manager and it took a few minutes to give me the Control screen. All is well

Thank you so much for your time.

4. Okanagan

Okanagan Registered Member

Hi from a newcomer.
    How do I change The BIOS to boot from CD first? Please explain step by step.
    Appreciate your answers, thank you. o_O

5. mfabien

When you start your Computer press "Pause" to see what's ON the Black screen. In my case, when I start my computer I must press the "Delete" key to access the Bios.

For a Boot from the CD Drive, press CD-RW and select CD-RW as a boot source. If, like myself now, you are using a USB CD-RW, scroll the selection down until you see USB CD-RW and activate that.

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.