CD bootable do not start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Poupino, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poupino

Poupino Registered Member

I have download Acronis True Image 11 Home and I have create a CD bootable.
    But I have a problem: the CD don't start, after one hour, nothing move. What is the problem, what can I do ?
    My PC is a workstation HP XW 4600 dual core with XP Pro Sp2 French.

Thanks !

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try the CD in another system to see if it works.

3. Aussie42

Aussie42 Registered Member

You may have to change to boot order in the BIOS so that booting from CD is an option, refer to the manual that came with your computer or motherboard on how to do this.

4. BillyPig

BillyPig Registered Member

If Aussie42's comment does not fix your problem, you might also try looking at some of the other BIOS options associated with the Boot process. For example, on my dual-core system, I have configured 1HD and 1 DVD drive on the only IDE channel (I'm not using any SATA devices yet). I tried to boot to what I thought was the DVD drive, by choosing 1st boot-device = "ATAPI-drive", but that was never successful. The correct setting was to choose the DVD drive explicitly from the list of devices offered.

You might also try another bootable CD if you have one (windows install cd say) just to see if you can boot from that. This may help you to determine whether its a BIOS config problem or not.

Pig

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Poupino,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify, at what step does the booting stop? Are there any messages? What exactly do they say?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.