CCleaner version 2.X questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Firebytes, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

When CCleaner first changed to version 2.0 I did not switch to it, due to what I perceived at the time as a large number of bug reports with the new version. I am still running CCleaner v 1.41.544 even now, but I think that the number of bugs reported for the newest version of CCleaner (2.06) are finally at a tolerable level. I am going to do a short trial of the 2.06 version while under the protection of Returnil but I thought I would get some opinions from users here who have had the 2.X version for awhile before deciding whether or not to keep it.

I was wondering if most of you who use CCleaner are still running the old 1.X version or have you switched to the 2.X version. If you have switched, what new features, improvements, etc. made you decide to do so? Does the new version seem to clean as well as the older version? Has it basically been trouble free for you?

Also, I know CCleaner states that you can install over the top of an old installation so that you can keep all your existing settings. However, I have seen a few reports of users who had to unistall the old version before installing the new version to avoid errors. If you installed over the top were there any problems, esp. after you rebooted (which I won't be able to do while testing)?

Thanks

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Hi Firebytes, the only answer I can give is that I'm running the latest version with absolutely no troubles whatsoever. The one thing is does seem to do, at least in my case, is leave old program folders both in the Program Files folder and also in Local Settings if the program installs a folder to there. Other than that it seems to clean just about everything out.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Im using the latest version with no problem. I don't have much experience with v1.x but v2.x is great.

4. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Thanks for the replies dw426 and WSFuser. I didn't notice any problems with it during my short test either, so I guess I will go ahead and move up to 2.06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.