CCleaner v1.21.130 Released!!! 12th July 2005

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by 1+1=3, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1+1=3

1+1=3 Guest

What's New
    v1.21.130 - [12th July 2005]
    - Moved Tools and Options into the listbar and they now load
    into the main window rather than a new window.
    - Fixed listbar display issue with Japanese characters.
    - Added REMOVESELF cleaning parameter to delete folders and
    not just empty them.
    - Added cleaning for: Google Earth, Ad-Aware SE Plus,
    Photoshop CS and CS2, Microsoft AntiSpyware,
    PerfectDisk 7.0, Azureus.
    - Updated cleaning for: Windows log files,
    Real Player, Adobe Reader 7.0,
    SpyBot Search and Destroy.
    - Updated Swedish, Spanish and French translations.
    - Minor display fix to the Applications tree.
    - Minor interface tweaks.

http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/6ioNCBGDF8tSkg3QGaBJwdsQu2fV_p-CFTZkpy4C9Hk1/ccsetup121.exe

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am seriously considering adding and using this product.....but one thing that they do not make very clear is if this program offers the ability to "selectively save" specific cookies. Also, it doesn't appear to support plug-ins, but I could just be overlooking these two items. If both are supported, I'll likely download it to give it a try.

3. 1+1=3

1+1=3 Guest

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thanks for the upgrade.
    I installed the new version over the old version without any troubles and my previous settings and safe cookies were still there. Perfect !!!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  5. JRCATES

Thanks again. Well, the cookie option looks good :D

Now if they can just find a way to add more plug-ins (and more importantly, the OPTION for users to add more of their own plug-ins). ;)

By the way...is it possible to run a cleaning WITHOUT using their "registry" tool? I've heard mixed reviews on the registry cleaner, and besides, I currently have Registry Mechanic for that kind of work.

Also, can you "test" CCleaner...to see what it will remove before it actually does so? I believe that there is an option to "save" or backup before running a registry cleanup....but how about for basic file, folder, extension cleanup?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yes, it's working perfectly here :) :) never had any issue and it's getting better every time !!

Thanx all.

7. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Great it found all the files left behind by Counterspy too. Now I wonder if the "hook" that Counterspy put on my machine is also gone. I uninstalled my previous version of ccleaner before installing this new one.

8. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

quote:

Also, can you "test" CCleaner...to see what it will remove before it actually does so.. Yes just click the analize button. Or configure it to remove only what you want in settings.

9. JRCATES

Thanks, Beefcarver. Well, I downloaded it to give it a try.....and so far, so good. I kinda like this little utility already.....ESPECIALLY for a freebie! I really can't see paying $30 - $40 for a disk cleaner when there are similar apps like this one that seem to do a fairly equal and effective job for free. Perhaps for future versions, adding a scheduler (or at least more options than only "run a cleanup at startup" - like browser and/or PC shutdown), a secure file shredder, and the options to include more plug-ins would probably make this one the best. Of course...then it would likely go to a pay model :(

Oh well, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself....heck, I've only had it on my machine for a few hours! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.