CCleaner Download Warning

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mman79, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Sorry for the "alarmist" title, but I'm not sure how else to put it. I was downloading CCleaner from Piriform itself when Chrome brought up a warning saying it was attempting to download multiple files, and to allow or deny it. I didn't hit either option and CCleaner downloaded ok. A scan didn't show anything malicious in the file itself, but I thought I'd pass along my experience since I don't recall seeing that there before (or anywhere actually). Then again, this is Chrome, a browser that recently informed me that Wilders was in Spanish and asked if I wanted it to translate :D

2. er34

er34 Guest

The warning from Chrome re. the multiple files is ok because the server offered more than 1 files to be downlaoded at the same time (e.g. the program more than once). No security issues here - relax :)

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I wasn't too worried, neither Avast or MBAM made a sound. That sounds like a sensible explanation, but why just today do I see that warning there? Why not the other hundreds of times? Also, why the warning that multiple files were actually trying to download?

4. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Probably, the same download was initialized multiple times.

This happens, for example, in situations where an impatient person clicks in a link that tells "click here to download if the download doesn't automatically start" without actually waiting some seconds. :D

5. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Lol, well that particular thing I didn't do this time. Whatever, nothing came of it and CCleaner runs fine. Just a "Wtf?" kinda moment for me there :D

6. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Did you check the file with Virus Total, just to be more sure ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.