CCleaner and SSD - recommended settings?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by FanJ, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

I am completely new to SSD and Win 7. (PC has arrived very recently. One internal SSD and one internal HDD).
    In case I would like to use CCleaner, what would be the recommended settings?

Thanks much in advance!

2. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I didn't change any settings. Though, I wouldn't enable Secure file deletion with multiple overwrites and I wouldn't use Drive wiper on it.

P.S.: how do you like speed improvement when using SSD?

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

Yeah, like I said in your other thread- generally avoid things that stress the drive and don't really do much for SSDs- like disabling defrag and not using secure delete functions less you're going to sell the drive.

Even then I believe file overwrites/secure deletes are handled a bit differently on SSDs compare to regular hard disks. But I haven't actually gotten around to reading up more on that (maybe it's harder to recover files on SSDs compared to spinning disks).

4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

AFAIK modern SSDs are a lot more resilient to multiple writes then their older counterparts.
    The old advice i feel doesnt apply anymore apart from the multiple overwites menitoned by hqsec and optimising is not necessary as it is not a mechanical device.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Ignore anything it says basically

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.