CCleaner 3.08.1475

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by brainrb1, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download#
    I did not find any toolbar on the standard version downloaded from the official Piriform link.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Got it! Thanks.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thanks! It appears that the "Sandboxie issue" is resolved in the new version; at least the checkbox for that program is no longer checked by default.

GREAT SUCCESS!

4. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Thanks for update!

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's Google Chrome, not the toolbar anymore. Also it doesn't appear in subsequent installs (only first), unless you uninstall and reinstall.

Nice list of changes by the way.

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Waiting for the Slim (= Clean) version. ;)

7. prius04

The portable version is as every bit as clean as the Slim version. ;) I'm just going to use portable from now on as there doesn't seem to be any advantage to actually installing this program.

8. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

yeap me too...:thumb:

9. guest

guest Guest

What's even more funny is to know that if you guys, install CCleaner standard new versions over old ones, the Chrome offer won't even appear, and you won't even have to take the "gigantic enormous fabulous" work of not ticking a box during installation.

To wait for the slim build is just so ridiculous, also because the slim build was [originally] meant for people with limited bandwidth (3G internet plans, anyone?)...

10. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ye even tho this has been stated before, people dont seem to understand it.

11. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Not in my case. It did appear. But I don´t remember seeing it when I had Chrome installed.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It appeared for me too when I updated today.

13. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Since installing this version of CCleaner, has anyone had an issue with Microsoft Security Essentials showing a yellow icon indicating a scan has not been run, even though it has actually been run earlier that same day? I don't know if that is the reason for this problem occurring, but both my XP and 7 pc have had the problem since approximately the time I updated to this version of CCleaner. Just trying to find out if this is the issue or it it's something else. I have submitted a support request to MSE.
    Update - I tried to delete this post but was unsuccessful - so will just post my info here. CCleaner does delete MSE logs if you have MS AntiMalware checked under Applications in CCleaner. This was probably my problem. Just in case anyone else is experiencing this, decided to go ahead and post the info.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  14. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

If you clean the Microsoft Security Essentials scan results using Ccleaner , the MSE icon turns yellow but if you do a quick scan after the cleanup no issues.

Attached Files:

15. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I use IE9 and there was no Chrome offer as you say.

16. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

It appears When Chrome is Not installed.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read against the Slim version. :thumbd:

Even more ridiculous than the ones who play the Vendor$' Game$ :thumbd:
    by attacking Users who want CLEAN Free-ware!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  17. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont have chrome installed and it didnt appear for me, its actually never appeared for me when updating with the regular installer.

18. prius04

I believe if you look in your registry and find one or both of the following keys and a Piriform Ltd subkey, you'll be offered Chrome and/or the Toolbar at some point.

I solved this issue by simply uninstalling the installed version and using the portable version (I deleted the registry keys thereafter). Otherwise, if the Piriform subkey is present, it will have a date (e.g., 20110831) which, of course, can be easily changed.

32-bit:
    HKLM\Software\Google\No Chrome Offer Until\
    HKLM\Software\Google\No Toolbar Offer Until\

64-bit:
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Google\No Chrome Offer Until\
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Google\No Toolbar Offer Until\

19. guest

guest Guest

Ridiculous or not, that was Piriform intentions.

I don't play the vendors game neither I attack users who want clean freeware. But how is it possible to have freeware with the high quality you expect of shareware, without making the freeware project sustainable? You don't have an answer, because the answer won't agree with your irrational tenet against freeware bundled with optional, unobtrusive and easily uninstallable adware. :cautious:

20. J_L

J_L Registered Member

@Mr.PC: So untrue, you obviously haven't tried it recently.

What's so ridiculous about downloading smaller files on slower networks?

How are you playing their games by unchecking the bundled software?

@prius04: Thanks for the valuable information.

21. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Not convincing at all though!
    You can ask these Vendors who offer Shareware and True Freeware (=Clean from Crap).
    -Try Malwarebytes' AntiMalware, EmsiSoft etc. just for a start!
    -Try Sanboxie Free, Macecraft, ChemTable etc.
    And the List is Countless...

Vendors who All Honor the Term 'FREEware'.
    I've already given you an answer! (in case you didn't noticed...)

As far as who has irrational tenets, guess who?
    The one, who, for one more time,
    plays the Vendor$' game$ by trying to "convince" everybody that
    "there is NO way to have Good Freeware unless bundled with CRAPware!" :thumbd:
    This Lie is Exactly What Greedy Vendor$ and their Fan/Funny-Boys Propagate! :thumbd:
    By attacking the ones who want Clean Freeware so that
    users won't have to Un-Tick the Bundled CRAPware.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  22. guest

guest Guest

+1 :thumb:

That's my experience too if I remember right and I haven't chrome installed or google updater etc.

In my opinion it's ridiculous :D to wait for a "slim" version since all people posting here are intelligent enough to un-chose any option. - I get CCleaner updates always from Filehippo and at least last time - this I know for sure! - there was no crapware bundled. (I hate stupid toolbars and additional browsers guts so I would remember!)

I seems that someone is on a crusade for slim version which makes me laugh already again thinking about it. :D

Regarding ASK-Toolbar I have put that installer if I remember right since last CPU-Z (?) update on my black list in Process Lasso ("disallowed processes") and this way I saw again how really useful my Process Lasso license is. ;)

(Generally I stop using software that is bundling ASK-Toolware nuisance etc. by force, because of this for example I am not using Foxit anymore, but since Adobe Reader X is really fast and not the bloatware it used to be that's no problem at all.)

Intelligent people listen: don't wait for slim version of CCleaner, just install normal installer and if you really see unwanted browser or other stuff just un-chose it and be happy. ;) (All others can wait for slim version if they are really paranoid or have small bandwith connection. :D)

23. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

A handful of posts have been snipped, some were fine but merely caught in the undertow while trying to get the thread back on track.

Here's the deal - if you trying to have a productive exchange, focus on the topic at hand, not other posters' intentions/etc. (of which we generally have no knowledge anyway), and remain civil.

Regards,

Blue

Update: Since additional bad posts were added after this reply, the thread is now closed and those posts have been removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.