CCeaner- do you use its other features?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AaLF, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Admittedly I've only used CCleaner's cleaning facility. I have Tune-UP and an older version of JV16.

Who uses CCleaner's Registry Cleaner & Uninstaller and how do you rate it?

2. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Never used the registry cleaning feature but I use all the time the uninstaller and it works just fine since is not a real uninstaller program like Revo uninstaller or Total Uninstall but just a interface to the Windows ADD/REMOVE Programs feature.

3. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

the drive wipe feature

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I use it to enable or disable startup programs. I know that can be done in a variety of ways - but this is a convenient and easy way to do it...
    tools/startup

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Registry Cleaner: NO
    Tools>System Restore: YES

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I use the cleaner and the uninstaller.

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Cleaner and start up manager.

8. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

I love the cleaner feature but I use CCEnhancer to beef up its cleaning capabilities. I love the start up feature to enable/disable startup entries. It's very convenient to have all the startup processes in one place. The drive wiper is great. I use it once every few months and of course it takes a while so I go to bed and let it work overnight. I also like the convenience of deleting previous restore points from there instead of going through Windows 7 system restore options.

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I use most of its functions. It doesn't do much I can't do myself but it keeps everything in one place, which is nice.

10. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I've used all of its other features at one time or another and don't have any real complaints about any of them. I tried a lot of different registry cleaners and now I only use CCleaner's. They're all lacking in one way or another so CCleaner is about as good as any. I only wish the drive wiper had an option to wipe the master file table only. But this can be worked around by running the wiper (it wipes the MFT first) and when it's done with the MFT just stop it. All in all a handy little utility. :)

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I use just about everything in it, though I've cut back on the registry cleaning. I can usually handle that myself via regedit. I recently, after all this time found the drive wiper :D I'm not certain how good it is, but it's nice that it only takes about 2 and half hours to wipe the free space of a 1Tb drive. I used to use Eraser, which would lead to almost an entire day of waiting, often with several errors. Perhaps CCleaner isn't as thorough, I really don't know.

I'd love for it to include a file/folder wiper though, and not just an all or nothing deal.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Cleaner, startup manager, and registry cleaner after that I have uninstalled some software and look through the list manually.

13. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Mostly the cleaner, registry cleaner and the startup tool. For me, Ccleaner is definitely a keeper! Never tried CCEnhancer although.

14. njespo

njespo Registered Member

i use the c cleaner, reg cleaner, and start-up....always had a good experience with it

15. jknext

jknext Registered Member

I've used all of its other features, but in my experience I think its registry cleaning option needs to be improved. Any way I love it.

16. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have used the registry cleaner with no ill-effects.

17. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I use the file and registry cleaner without side effects ;)

18. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Its safe Registry Cleaner without backups for years as for its Uninstaller, it is merely the other GUI for the inbuilt Windows uninstaller, nothing extra removed or scanned.

19. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

it's registry cleaner needs to do more deep cleaning like wise registry cleaner, auslogics registry, etc.

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I use the whole enchilada...:cool:

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I use the whole thing.
    File cleaner, registry cleaner and startup management without going into msconfig :D

22. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I only clicked open the Registry cleaner after you guys in this thread mentioned it. I've got JV16 and for those who know it it has a display panel for Reg. Health & PC Health. Prior to trying ccleaner the display showed 97% healthy. After CCleaner REG went to work its now 100% on the JV16 scoreboard.

23. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use the whole thing, I like the fact that you can delete specific restore points instead of deleting all the restore points so you can leave 3 restore points if you want.

24. colorado13

colorado13 Registered Member

I use the whole thing but after, i use MV Regclean more accurate

25. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I use the registry cleaner for light cleaning. It is safe but not as thorough as some others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.