Castle Cops

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

Recently I had my computer in the shop having a larger hard drive and dvd player installed as well as adding more memory. When it went in I had 7 items in my task bar but when it came back to me they were no longer there. The technician had disabled a lot of the items in startup and Windows did load considerably quicker than in the past. But, I had a reason for the 7 items to be in the task bar so I called the shop and spoke to the technician and told him I would like to have the 7 items back. He walked me through msconfig and told me to check the Enable All box. I did and now the 7 items are back in the task bar and Windows loads considerably slower.

My problem is I know that some of the items can be disabled but I am not sure of exactly which ones. I recall seeing on the Castle Cops web site a page that listed start up items as well as their description. If I had something like that than I would feel confident in what could be disabled. My question is does anyone know where I can get such information? If so, I would appreciate you sharing it with me. As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

This seems to have a reasonably comprehensive database. Similar to what you ask, but not quite on a par with the excellent Castlecops resources.
    I've found many similar sites when "Googling" for processes reading HijackThis reports.
    Generally if you Google the name of the process you'll soon find a site (or several) that lists most of them.

3. Gizzy

Gizzy Registered Member

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

5. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

If you list the 7 items we can advise which you Really might not need permanently running. Plus you can disable quite a few Services too. All help to a faster boot, more free RAM and general responsiveness. I can vouch for doing these things.

6. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

These are great, thanks for the links and especially thanks for asking the question.

7. FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan Registered Member

8. timcan

timcan Registered Member

hi, you might check this site http://www.blackviper.com/. hope this helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.