Capsa Enterprise reinstall

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by junser88, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junser88

junser88 Registered Member

I just purchased Capsa Enterprise Edition last week. We got the install up and running but we were forced to format the computer and reinstall everything. Now when i try to reinstall Capsa and activate it i get a message saying its already active. How can i get past this?

John
    Network Admin

2. Colasoft

Colasoft Colasoft Support

According to our End User License Agreement, you can only install Capsa on one dedicated computer. Thank you for your understanding.

3. allisondk

allisondk Registered Member

o_O So you are saying choose the Computer well and make sure that you do not choose incorrectly? I know we just bought the product as well, and I installed it on my PC Since I am the admin, but my thought was to move it to a dedicated PC once I figured out how everything works. But from what I just saw it sounds like I would have to purchase another copy? Sorry but that is just wrong, I am not going to go as far as state I will return the product but I need to be able to move this and especially if a system crashed or a HD Failed I would need to be able to reapply the license file without purchasing another.

4. junser88

junser88 Registered Member

I understand the software is only licensed for one computer. We had it on our server but the server was having problems and had to be formatted. We are reinstalling Capsa on the SAME server again but the licensing is not going through. I would find it hard to believe that my license is void because of a machine crash? If that is the case im going to have to go for a refund considering ive had the software for a total of 2 days

5. allisondk

junser88,

I have to agree with you, if this is the case, I am glad and also understand why they give a 30 day no questions return policy.

6. Colasoft

Dear junser88,

Sorry for making you misunderstood. According to our EULA, reinstalling Capsa on the same computer after system reinstallation is absolutely OK. I don't know if it is a technical problem or not. Have you contacted our support team with Email? If so, I belive they will give you a satisfied answer. Also, they will contact you with PM ;)

Thank you junser88, we appreciate your feedback.

Kevin Zhou
    COLASOFT Marketing Team

7. Colasoft

Dear allisondk,

Sorry for not making it clear. Your question is another issue. You need to install Capsa on another computer after testing it. When you need to do so, please also contact our support team support[at]colasoft.com or just post here. We'll contact you as soon as possible.

However, frequent installation may indicate the breach of license agreement. This is why we often recomment our customers install Capsa on a laptop;)

I hope you find this answer satisfied, if not, feel free to make a post. We'd be glad to hear from you.

Thank you for your feedback:)

Kevin Zhou
    COLASOFT Marketing Team

8. allisondk

Sounds good, I was just concerned that if we only have one shot of installing then I am in trouble, because of the testing on my PC was to prove out the product, then at that point we were going to place it on a machine that its sole job. The comment through me off for a minute and made me think twice about the product. I do understand that there are people out there that do not abide by the policy and do not always keep their licensing on the up and up. Within our company and SOX we have to keep these in line to ensure legal standing and passing of the audits. So this would not be a concern, if I need another copy I would just buy it since the cost factor is lower than the competition.

Thank you for your clarification of the policy, and I iwll contact support later this week to get a renewed license.

Darren

9. Colasoft

Dear Darren,

I'm glad you are satisfied with my answer:D Feel free to post here we'll try our best to keep our customer satisfied.

Kevin
    COLASOFT Marketing Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.