Can´t work with OS-Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by KlammerWien, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KlammerWien

KlammerWien Registered Member

I tried to use OS Selector V 10.0, build 2.117 on a System with 2 HDD´s, the first SAT, configured in BIOS as IDE, the second on the IDE-Bus, both Maxtors 250 GB. In Moment there´s only windows on that System.
    When I boot, the OS-Selecotr comes an show right the system, but when I try to boot, the CRT becomes black and nothing further happens. I must reboot, deactivate the OS-Selector, and than can I boot.
    The System Win XP pro with all Servicepacks and updates. What´s wrong?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you made a boot CD? If so try booting with it and choose Activate OSS Sometimes it gets confused and needs to be re-activated.

When you are in Windows, start windows explorer, can you see any 'bootwiz' folders (they are hidden folders, so you'll need to have XP set up to show ALL files including system files) - in the bootwiz folder will be a file called bootwiz.oss open it in a text editor and just check it has entries that show how many harddrive and partitions you have -
    as an example, and an entry that show the default boot point -
    If not then - uninstall OSS reboot and then try installing again.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.