Can't use GPT disk in trial

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dansot, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansot

dansot Registered Member

I was using the free version of Paragon Backup and Recovery and it had no trouble seeing my 3TB GPT backup drive. Now I tried both the Home and Suite versions with the idea in mind of purchasing but neither can see the GPT disk as a valid drive to back up to.

If I use Disk View->Volume Explorer the drive is listed and the partition shown.

Is this a limitation of the trial?

I am including a screenshot of PBR and DiskMan

diskman.jpg
    paragon.jpg

2. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Upon further experimentation it has nothing to do with GPT. I converted the drive to MBR and put a simple volume on it.

It still won't recognize it and shows the blank drive in the Disk View.

3. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Upon even *further* examination. It doesn't see the partitions on the esata controller. It sees them fine on usb (although very slowly).

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The reason is that version 10 of Free Paragon program doesn't support ultra-capacity drives (larger than 2TB).

Uninstall your 10 version and install the new version 2011 http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/ .
    Then your backup 3TB drive will be available from Backup & Recovery program.

5. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Ok, but I want the features the suite adds. Is there a 2011 suite or home version? Will there be?

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

11 version should be released in nearest future. For now paid Backup & Recovery 10 is outdated and doesn't support 3TB drives.

7. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.