Can't use GPT disk in trial

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dansot, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansot

dansot Registered Member

I was using the free version of Paragon Backup and Recovery and it had no trouble seeing my 3TB GPT backup drive. Now I tried both the Home and Suite versions with the idea in mind of purchasing but neither can see the GPT disk as a valid drive to back up to.

If I use Disk View->Volume Explorer the drive is listed and the partition shown.

Is this a limitation of the trial?

I am including a screenshot of PBR and DiskMan

diskman.jpg
    paragon.jpg

2. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Upon further experimentation it has nothing to do with GPT. I converted the drive to MBR and put a simple volume on it.

It still won't recognize it and shows the blank drive in the Disk View.

3. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Upon even *further* examination. It doesn't see the partitions on the esata controller. It sees them fine on usb (although very slowly).

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

The reason is that version 10 of Free Paragon program doesn't support ultra-capacity drives (larger than 2TB).

Uninstall your 10 version and install the new version 2011 http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/ .
    Then your backup 3TB drive will be available from Backup & Recovery program.

5. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Ok, but I want the features the suite adds. Is there a 2011 suite or home version? Will there be?

6. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

11 version should be released in nearest future. For now paid Backup & Recovery 10 is outdated and doesn't support 3TB drives.

7. dansot

dansot Registered Member

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.