Can't Update Virus Database

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by groovie, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groovie

groovie Registered Member

I have just dwnloaded and installed ESS4 in my new Win 7 x64 machine using the trial key provided. I have been trying to update the virus database for hours but it just says 'Update information is not consistent' everytime. I have no problems with internet connection to all my programs. Can anyone help me? Tx in advance.

2. MathewG

MathewG Former ESET Support Rep

Hello groovie,

Have you tried to clear the update cache and then try to manually update the virus signature database?

1) Open your ESET Smart Security program and press the F5 key to open the advanced set-up window.

2) From the options on the left side, choose "Update".

3) On the right side you will notice your username and password entered into the appropriate fields. Immediately under your Username you will see two buttons. Click the "Clear" button and click "OK". This will clear your update cache.

4) Try to run a manual update of the virus signature database now and see if you are able to pull the updates from our servers.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have the update server set to automatic selection (by default), clearing the update cache should do the trick. However, before you do that bak up the content of the "C:\Documents and settings (Users)\All Users\ESET\ESET Smart Security\Updfiles" folder, compress it and let me know when done, I'd be interested in having a look at those files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.