Can't Uninstall True Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by username9876, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. username9876

username9876 Registered Member

I have True Image 8.0 Build 937 on my system (WinXP Home). When I try to uninstall the program (either through the control panel or the included uninstall program), the uninstall examines my partitions and then simply reports "Acronis True Image was not uninstalled". No error messages or other explanations. I haven't been able to find a similar issue in any other post. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello username9876,

Not sure whether this will help but boot into Windows "Safe" mode and try uninstalling TI from there.

If that doesn't work then you could try uninstalling TI manually as per these <Acronis Support instructions>. Create a Windows Restore Point or back up your Registry prior to starting though!!

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello username9876,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We have not heard about such problems of Acronis True Image 8.0 before, so we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this.

Could you please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Please also make a screen shot of the "Acronis True Image was not uninstalled" error message.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. JohnH

JohnH Registered Member

"Acronis True Image was not uninstalled". No error messages or other explanations. Exactly the same happened to me.

I have learned Acronis’s products to be extremely intuitive, screens and messages are easy to understand. This piece of software is a gem. I’m disappointed to learn that the uninstaller may be non-communicating like this. I didn’t find any uninstall log either.

I wanted to uninstall v8 to replace it with v9. Neither did safe mode uninstall work.

The link to the “Acronis Support instructions” is somewhat confusing and maybe to old. Fortunately it helped me to update from build 889 to build 937. Now the uninstall procedure worked!

However, several files and registry entries remained (after a reboot). I expected more from Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.