Can't uninstall SWB

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MacGyver, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacGyver

MacGyver Registered Member

I've searched the forums and haven't yet found what I need to know. I'm trying to uninstall SWB 3.5.1 from a Windows XP machine but I can't. When I do it from the add/remove programs, I get an error telling me that unins000.dat doesn't exist. When I just try to delete the folder I get the message that I can't delete spywareblaster.exe, access is denied and to make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that it's not in use. I have SWB disabled. How can I get rid of ito_O I'm not a computer geek, so assume I know nothing... thanks!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is to simply reinstall SpywareBlaster. This should fix the missing .dat file, and allow you to then uninstall cleanly.

(This issue often occurs because of registry/system "cleaning" tools that are a little too eager to clean things up.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. MacGyver

I'll try that. I wondered about it, but was concerned it would require an uninstall first.

4. MacGyver

Thanks...that allowed me to uninstall from the add/remove programs menu. However, it's still showing up pinned to my start menu (it's not in my program menu) and when I searched there were still files for SWB, so it wasn't a clean uninstall. Is it safe just to highlight everything the search finds and delete it, or is there something additional I should do? Again, thank you!

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The only place that there should be files is in the directory in which you installed SpywareBlaster (by default, this is C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster).

The installer doesn't pin SpywareBlaster to the Start Menu, so you'll have to unpin it yourself by right-clicking on it.

I hope this helps. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.