Can't uninstall SUPERantispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by candoo, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candoo

candoo Registered Member

I have SAS free 3.4.1000 and tried to upgrade to 3.5.0.1016. So I tried to uninstall it. So I went to add / remove programs (SAS does not have an uninstaller) and clicked remove. So it starts to run, brings me to SAS's website survey; why I want to delete the program, then it hangs. After about 2 minutes I get FATAL ERROR 1922 COULD NOT DELETE SASKUTIL. So I shut it down. Tried it a couple times with the same results.Tried it in safe mode, but it did not work. So I updated through SAS with no problem. But I would like to know how to uninstall SAS.

Candoo

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I didn't get a fatal error, but had to install SAS again, then uninstall and wait for website to come up. Afterwards I waited for a few moments and closed the browser then proceeded. This worked for me, but I'm not sure if it will for you.

3. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Were you running SUPERAntiSpyware when you unistalled? Did you uninstall from the same account that you installed from?

4. candoo

candoo Registered Member

I was not running a scan nor was SAS in my task bar. I also shut down Zone Alarm and I disconnected from the web. My second try I was connected with ZA on and went through the motions on the web site. And yes it is the same account.

Candoo

5. fred128

fred128 Registered Member

Did you try to get into safe mode and uninstall it from that point?

6. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Since SAS requires access to the windows installer you must install & uninstall in normal mode.

Here's 3.4.0.1000 that you can try installing over your existing install, then go to add or remove to uninstall.

http://www.elitekiller.com/files/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

7. candoo

candoo Registered Member

Thanks EliteKiller, but I already have 3.5.1016 on my system that was automatically updated thru SAS. I'm just trying to get more info on why this happened. Then I will try to uninstall 3.5.1016.

Candoo

8. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I tried Pro version for 30 days....was unable to remove it. Attempted to install the free version over/beside it, but received message informing me free version installer saw the Pro version and would not install. Need to remove Pro version...o_O

9. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Did you try installing the Pro and doing an immediate uninstall?

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The free version of SAS uninstalled fine for me.

11. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I did before i made the post, however, i was sloppy and did not do what i had to do in a very clean way. Did it correctly after your post.....all now is well. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.