Can't uninstall corrupted version or install fresh copy

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Digirati, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digirati

Digirati Registered Member

I set up my neighbor's system with the System Safe Pro. It is a fresh reinstallation of Vista Home Basic 32-bit. The install went fine, registration went fine. I went home and about 3 hours later my neighbor came over and said that Returnil displayed an error message that the core (something) was unavailable.

I went over to look at it, and he was right. So I went to the email that had the license and download link in it, downloaded from that link and tried to reinstall. The installer said that the uninstallation wasn't complete, Please finish uninstalling, restart the PC and retry installation.

Returnil was not listed in the Programs and Features applet in the control panel. Only part of the files were left in the old install folder so I deleted the folder. Then I went through and deleted all the references to Returnil I could find.

Then I tried restarting the system and retried to install the program. PC still says the uninstall wasn't finished, please finish uninstalling and restart, then install. We did. It still won't install. What do I have to do to get rid of the original installation so I can install the new download.

And before it's asked, no they did not try to uninstall the program. They said they simply restarted the PC and tried to turn on the virtual mode and the message popped up. Please help !!!

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Digirati and welcome to the forums :)

Please see your PM for detailed instructions and then let me know if this resolved the re-install issue.

Mike

3. Digirati

Digirati Registered Member

Thank you, your help is highly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.