Cant uninstall Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by imho, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imho

imho Registered Member

I have never managed to get Acronis to work for me so i uninstalled it and installed it again,TRIED to do it right this time, but my hard disc has now only got 1% left !! i did have 65%, i have uninstalled it butwhat ever i did <back up my computer> is still there. I just want it all off my computer.I have a friend coming next weekend that said they would install it properley ,but i thought i would do it .
    Can any one can help me please .

2. imho

imho Registered Member

Its Acronis 8, i have just had a search around this forum and it looks like i have to get into the registry ! I dont think so ,i have enough problems now with out going in there.Is there not something i can download and then get it all off ? Cheers

3. imho

imho Registered Member

HI,i have now looked in the registry and done a search for Acronis and 19 items came up can i just uninstall them all ? Please .

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You could do, or you could try RegClean first. Either way make sure your registry and your system are backed up first.

F.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

When you had TI installed I guess that you made some backups. These are .tib files and can be quite large. If you have saved them on your main drive and have not deleted any of them it will soon fill up.

Go to Start,Search in Windows and look for .tib files. When you have found them delete some or all of the older ones. It is probably a good idea to keep the latest one just in case.

Then when your friends arrive you will have a larger playing field to work in.

Xpilot

6. imho

imho Registered Member

Thanks very much for both your replies ,i am just going to try them out .

7. imho

imho Registered Member

Many thanks Xpilot i have 50%hard disc space left now .Much better than 0% what it was this morning.
    Foghorne i am just going to delete everything in the registry that belongs to Acronis.
    Thank you both very much .

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Good to know that you now have some room to swing a cat [​IMG]

Now, if you are going to run with TI again, you need to consider where you will store you backup images in future. To have them on the same drive that you are protecting has some value but if the drive breaks down you are left with nothing.

A good backup system is not just a software solution. Some extra hardware is really needed. DVDs are a cheap possibility but hard drives have many considerable advantages.

Xpilot

9. imho

imho Registered Member

Xpilot, I would rather do it on dvds but i couldnt see a option to do that.I was backing up to my hard drive,cause i had no where else to back up too.Then when i used to check Acronis , down in the right corner was "back up not started yet"
    My god i am so much happier now its off, i think there is more still there,in the registry there was 92 things with Acronis on so i left it,i dont want to push my luck. Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.