Can't stream media to XBox 360 using TVersity w/LnS running

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by LonkNY, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonkNY

LonkNY Registered Member

I am using Look'n'Stop v2.06p3 on Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 for a long time without issue. LnS works great with all my other applications (Torrent & other P2P, Windows Media Center with XBox 360, etc.) and I am very happy with it overall. However, as I have a large amount of video files on my system that are not supported under the Media Center Xtender streaming setup (using Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player network sharing with my XBox 360), I decided to give TVersity a try since it supports all of the video formats I require. Every forum post I have read about this software boasts on how incredibly easy the software is to use & setup, and I agree! However - no matter what I do, I can't get it to work w/my XBox 360 while LnS is running!

Obviously, port 41952 is open in LnS... I opened it both ways just to be sure. I followed all possible workarounds in the TVersity FAQ, except switching the network connection for the XBox from Wireless to Wired, as the XBox & HDTV are in the other side of my apartment. The TVersity FAQ does mention this, which is the only possibility I can think of:

FYI - I am using a Linksys WRT150N with DD-WRT v24 STD firmware. While attempting to play video from the XBox using TVersity, I checked out the LnS log and noticed that port 8890 was also trying to be accessed, so I opened that port as well in LnS to no avail.

Here are screenshots of my TVersity rules:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/lonkny/TVersityRule2.gif

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/lonkny/TVersityRule1.gif

I have also done the same with port 8890 (for reasons noted above). SSDP & the Windows Media Center services are NOT running. I have followed the TVersity FAQ and put my primary LAN NIC to the top of the list in Manage Network Connections > Advanced Settings > Binding Order. I also have MediaService.exe as an Allowed application in LnS Application Filtering.

Please also note that when LnS is NOT running, TVersity & XBox 360 work perfectly! I have also attached my ruleset in case that helps (just rename the extension from .txt to .rls to use in LnS - .rls files are not allowed to be attached to posts).

This is driving me crazy... If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate it... or, at least let me know if you have gotten TVersity behind LnS working well with your XBox 360 using the XBox 360 wireless adapter. Thanks!

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Attached Files:

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi LonkNY,

Thanks for the detailed information you gave and the tests you have already performed.

Instead of exiting Look 'n' Stop completely, could you check if it works when the Application Filtering is disabled, or the Internet Filtering disabled ?
    This will help to be sure it is a rule issue, and not an app filtering issue.

Thanks,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.