Can't stop scan?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by trebla, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebla

trebla Registered Member

I am having problems stopping TDS scanning when I move my mouse over the TDS I have a busy ico and it won't let me terminate the scanning process.
    It's still scanning through my system OK and the Task Manager is not giving me the 'Program not responding' message.I am using XP Pro plenty of ram etc.To stop the program scanning I have to end the program in the Task Manager Processes list.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi trebla,

I'm not quite sure what might be going on, but here are some hints that might help.

A full system scan with TDS-3 might take some time, of course it might depend on your system specs, how many files there are on it, etc.
    It could well take over an hour or more, so make yourself a coffee, walk the dog, etc ;)

Have you disabled your other scanners temporarily (like your anti-virus program for example)?
    Don't forget to enable them afterwards.
    I myself also close down my internet connection before I let TDS-3 do its full system scan.

Is it the Process Memory Space Scan that takes a long time?
    That scan alone might take over 10 minutes.

PS: are you running TDS-3 as admin?

I hope this helps.
    Cheers, Jan.

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Most of the scans WONT stop, sorry. File scanning will stop, but if you ran a FULL scan then file scanning should be last, after the other scans complete.

Try the SCAN LISTS section of the help file if you want to create a few more scan lists, you can have more that just the default 3 scans if you make more :) this can be handy for some of us

For example, Scan New Files.txt -

Scan in C:\Downloads
    Scan in C:\Windows
    Scan in E:\

Save, put in the scans folder, restart TDS to have a new menu option "Scan New Files"
    You can create any list you want, the help file has full details or just ask here

4. trebla

trebla Registered Member

Thanks a lot FanJ & Gavin for your help.I did everything FanJ told me ,not to sure about the administrator bit though,still wouldn't let me stop the scan.This was a full scan with just about everything selected,still completed the scan without problems though.I tried your solution Gavin and it works a lot better right clicking and selecting scan targets from Explorer.Funny part is if I select to scan say C drive from the TDS Scan Control box I can't stop it scanning but if I right click in Explorer to scan C drive I can stop the scan?
    Thanks again for your help.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You should be able to stop it anytime during file scanning - but you might need to really press that STOP button. Try holding the mouse on it until you see it has been pressed, THEN let the button go and it will definitely react to the click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.