Can't stay logged in - Abbey

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by abbey, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbey

abbey Guest

HELP!!! There is something wrong with your login function. Every time I login under my user name and I try to post , it displays me as a GUEST, therefore I'm not able to post anything. Am I doing somethig wrong?

aBBey

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi aBBey,

There are a few common solutions to the problem of staying logged in here in the forums.

First, sometimes the cookie associated with the forum is corrupted. The first recommendation is to exit all browser sessions (windows), empty the browser cache and delete the wilderssecurity related cookie. Reboot system. Restart your browser and try to sign on again and see if that fixes it. (Most people find that this takes care of the problem.)

If that is not it, then tell us what browser / version you are using and also what privacy, cookie management, or web filtering software you are running. (We've seen these privacy packages, cookie managers and even software firewalls with special filtering block necessary functions for accessing these forums.)

You may need to bypass some of these special filtering apps for this forum. You may need to add the forum to the trusted site list in the browser or those packages. Let us know what you are using, but, first try the full cleanup I mentioned in the first recommendation above.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

4. Abbey_I

Abbey_I Registered Member

Thanks LowWaterMark,

It seems that cleaning up the cookies took care of the problem. As you can see, I could even reply as a member :)! If the problem persists, it might be my firewall. I doubt it though, because the cookie blocking option is disabled.

aBBey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.