Can't shutdown Nod32 and other annoyances

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by thedude, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedude

thedude Registered Member

For Nod32 3.0, are we not able to exit the program? That seems strange that we're not allowed to do that. I know that it's very light on resources but there maybe times where we want to troubleshoot programs or install another program and don't want any conflicts or we just feel we don't want to have it on. I think we should be able to decide this for ourselves yes?

Also, I can't believe there is no right click menu for the Nod32 icon in the system tray. The developers didn't think there was anything useful that could be added to a context menu? Really?? How about adding the options to enable or disable the individual monitors or all of them at once? How about adding an option to update the virus definitions? How about adding options to do a system scan or a quick scan or open up the Advanced Settings or the Log files or the Quarantine window or open up the Help file or the About screen or go to the main website or SOMETHING. Oh ya, and maybe even an option to shut down the program if they trust us enough to do that.

Having good protection and scanning is most important but if it's not intuitive and user-friendly I'm not going to use it. Oh, and I don't remember if it does this or not because I already uninstalled it but does it finish doing the entire scan before it alerts you of any infections or does it interrupt you and pause the scan once it detects a virus? I hope it doesn't pause it because that is by far the most annoying thing for any program. You do a full system scan and leave your computer only to come back an hour later and find out it detected something 2 minutes into the scan and it's asking you what you would like to do.

I hope someone from Eset is listening...

2. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

If you simple open it up you can disable things. Its all right in front of you.Go into Anti Virus and Anti Spyware then there is a option to disable it.All you have to do is check off the option to clean. Take time and check all the settings.

3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

I've got one.....

4. thedude

thedude Registered Member

which version of nod32 are you using? I'm using 3.0.566.

5. Roy Lewis

Roy Lewis Registered Member

Try a double click.

6. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Ah, the latest version 3.0.621 contains a much better right click menu. Link at top of forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.