Can't Set Active Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by linuxonly, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxonly

linuxonly Guest

After re-partitioning my hard disks then installing XP-just to be able to use Partition Expert as it's my favourite tool of this kind.
    I then installed SuSE 9.1 plus Mandrake 10.

Suddenly,I find I cannot create anymore active partitions.I know it is possible,since on my old computer I was running XP,Slackware,Mandrake and Xandros OS 2 Business Edition.Then,I ran out of space on the small drive!

The new computer-an AMD 64- has a 160 GB SATA hard drive capacity.I was dreaming of all the GNU/Linux distributions I'd be able to install upon it,but,I'm stymied.

Would appreciate any insights.Thank you.

2. linuxonly

linuxonly Guest

Um..don't worry.I just totally trashed my XP installation by installing Cusor XP.

I'll try a total reformat.After this I'll re-install the Disk Director Suite and start afresh.Perhaps it'd become corrupted somehow.

It's happened at a perfect time at least,since SuSe 9.2 has been released and the AMD 64 version of Mandrake 10.1 is not far off.Hence,I'd be re-formatting anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.