Can't send from Yahoo

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

When using Opera as my browser and have Yahoo open I am unable to forward, or create and send email.
    When I click on the "To" button the response is that the contacts failed to load. When using IE the mail sends OK, and the "contacts" loads so that I can use the addresses in my address book.

I wonder if it has something to do with scripts, but cannot find a way to troubleshoot or correct the problem.
    Any help? Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Jerry,
    Same thing happerns here.
    The work around would be to go to contacts on the left hand side and copy the email addresses and then paste them in to the to field or of course for the mean time use IE.

are you using classic or new view for yahoo?

I have just tryed Opera 10 Beta 2 usb (portable version) and the when i click on the "To" button all my contacts are listed correctly. so hopfully opera 10 will be out soon.
    I have had a few other problems with opera 9.64 and yahoo but they have also been fixed with opera 10 beta.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Lodore,
    Thanks for the help. I am using the classic view. Maybe Opera 10 will correct it. I am not sure I like Opera, although I like the way it handles sing in tasks.

I also don't especially care for Yahoo, but I don't want to notify everyone of a change to Hotmail.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Same here for Yahoo. It seems it didn't work all that well with Opera. I was using the classic mail version and I dumped it about a month ago.

5. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Try changing the browser identification to 'Mask as Firefox' on the various Yahoo Mail pages. It solved a different problem I had with Opera and Yahoo Mail. I don't use Opera anymore, so I can't test this myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.