Can't see streaming video on Windows media player 10

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Beginner, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beginner

Beginner Registered Member

Hello everyone :)
    I hope you could help me with a problem that i have some time and i can't resolve.

I have Windows XP with windows media player 10, when i try to see any streaming video from the internet, i succes to hear the voices but i can't see the video.
    First, i thought that i have a codecs problem, so i had installed the FFDSHOW codec pack and the Microsoft windows media player codecs but i still can't see the video, only hear it.

I know that the problem happens only with streaming video, i i download the video to my computer i can see him without any problems, but not all the media sources are avelible to download.

I had tryed to choose winamp as the default media player, bue when i try to see streaming video with him, the video got "stuck" and i can't see or hear nothing.

Another thing that i had tryed to do is to "roll back" wmp 10(windows media player) to wmp 9 and than install the codecs pack.. but again, i couldn't see any streaming video.

Could you help me please? i have'nt any idea what is the problem and how can i fix it.
    It's possible to "throw out" wmp and install another program to see the streaming video? (like VLC or Winamp)
    Do you know anyway to fix my WMP problem?

By the way, i'm sorry for my English, i'm trying to improve it :)

Thanks a lot! ;)
    Best regards,
    Pablo.

p.s: here my computer stuff: pentium 4 (3.0), windows XP with service pack 2, 512 memory.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Pablo,

please do tell me your graphics card. I heard a lot that GeForce 6xxx series have this problem. If you do have GeForce 6 series, then try downloading the latest drivers. If that doesn't work, try the latest BETA drivers (www.nvidia.com/drivers for official and beta). As far as I know, there is no complete fix yet.

Regards,
    Firecat

3. Beginner

Hi, thanks for your answer.
    Here's my graphic card, ATI Radeon 9100 IGP, here is a picture of the DXDIAG (start>run>dxdiag) with more detaills:
    http://img234.exs.cx/img234/685/card.jpg

What should i do?
    Thanks a lot for the help,
    Pablo

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Beginner,

I'd say you update every driver of your system (motherboard, graphics, sound) and then see what's happened. Try this and report back here, someone or the other will help you if not me.

Regards,
    Firecat

5. Beginner

Hello, i had upgraded manually the drivers of the graphic card and mother board, the sound card driver is the newest one so i hav no upgrades to do.

Anyway, i tried to saw some streming videos again and didn;t succes, i only hear the voices, what can i do?

Update:
    I had tried to download some of these streaming videos to my pc and whan i tried to see them (when the just was on my pc) i succes :) so i think that the problem is only with WMP and only with streaming video.
    Best regards,
    Pablo

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  6. Beginner

can someone help me please?
    I had updated my drivers and upgraded the K-lite codecs pack, to the newst one: 1.18.
    I also tryed another codec pack and it doesn;t help..

Please, mybe can one help me solve the problem? or fond another software to use for solution?

7. Rusty_1

Rusty_1 Guest

Hey Pablo,

Ive been having this problem as well for some time now, and ive looked everywhere and no1 seemed to anwser it correctly. Well I got tired of not being able to watch my videos on gamespot.com so i tryed to see if i could find the problem myself, and after a while i found how to fix it, sort of. Go to
    Tools>Options>Performance, and under Video accelerator click Advanced, now just turn off " Use Video Mixing Renderer" and that should fix it. You'll be able to see the video now, but theres a catch, when u swith between nrolmal mode and Full Screen mode and then back you, the video wont work again. To fix this just close it and then open the streaming video again, and this should work fine. Just so you know i have a GF6800 gt and im still waiting for Nvidia to fix this problem. Anywayz, hope this helped fixing the problem.

CYA laterz,
    Rusty_1

8. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I think that some of the windows services is not working. Go to Control Panel- Administrative tools- services and check the services that are disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.