Can't save program options

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Larix, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larix

Larix Registered Member

Hello, now I write in english because my 2 emails in german to the german support don't be answered. :mad:

I can't backup any options of my programs. I want backup the options of:
    - Firefox 2.0
    - Miranda 0.6
    - iTunes 7.0.2
    - Thunderbird 1.5.0.9
    - OpenOffice 2.1
    - IE 7
    - Opera 9.1
    - Winamp 5
    - Acronis True Image
    But there fields are greyed out.

Ok some of that programs has another version then the selection in true image.

What must I do to backup them, too? I can't choice this programs in the backup. The only 2 programs which I can backup are Acrobat Reader 7 and Filezilla 2.2.30a. :'(

*edit* I use True Image 10 Build 4.871
    Windows XP Home SP2 with all updates.

Larix

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope that you can understand all. :)

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you only want to backup some programs, ATI only supports a few.
    YOu can, of course, due a backup of an entire partition or drive, and get the programs that way, although it isn't useful in all the same ways.

Also, you can backup settings files and directories, if you know where they are stored -- again, not nearly as elegant nor useful in all the same ways.

sh

3. Larix

Larix Registered Member

TI has a backup option for all that programs above. But the fields are greyed out. That's the problem. Why should I backup a drive or a partition manual when TI has an option to backup the options of that programs?

Lucky

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Larix,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this post by mark7 where you can find the list of applications supported with the current version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

We are going to increase the list of the supported application in the future.

If you experienced problems with backing up application settings of the programs listed in that list (like, Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 or WinAmp 5), please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Make a screen shots of your consequent steps, if possible.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Could someone explain to me why it is of benefit to backup separately the settings of some programs?
    All programs and their settings are included in the backup of a drive so what would this additional backup of some program settings achieve?
    As I understand it just the settings are saved, not the programs themselves.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.