Can't run SpywareBlaster!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mduggins, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mduggins

mduggins Registered Member

I recently went thru 3 weeks of insanity to rid my system of CWS Hijacker, with the help of the great people at Ad-Aware forums. They recommend installing SpywareBlaster, but said CWS can interfere with SB. So after I am rid of it (I think), I re-downloaded and re-installed, but I am still getting the same error:

"This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

I have Win XP, I have uninstalled SB & rebooted & re-installed. with the same results. I do not have a bad sector. I do not have any viri. :)

Got any suggestions? o_O

Any Help is appreciated. THANKS!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This thread has the best information on this issue:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

There is nothing wrong with the install kit you downloaded, so downloading it more or trying to simply reinstall it again won't help. There are pieces remaining on your system from that CWS infection you had. The thread above has some things to try, but they are fairly complex. Javacool is looking at automating the fix for the next version of SpywareBlaster, I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.