Can't Run Blacklight

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have two computers that I have tried Blacklight on. One, laptop, runs well. The differences between the two computers is that the laptop has F-Secure AV, and Kerio 2.1.5 as the firewall. Other applications are the same. They are,
    Ewido Plus, Spyware Guard, SuperAntiSpyware, UnHackMe, Snoopfree, and Win Patrol Plus.
    Both with Windows XP Home SP2.

As stated Blacklight runs on the laptop, but on the desktop it gives the reply in a few seconds that it has encountered a problem and must shut down. I have reported to MS.

I wondered if the difference in firewall and AV made the difference, but when I disabled KAV and LooknStop it gave the same failure indication.

Anything that might be fairly obvious to you or has anyone experienced similar problems with BlackLight?

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. ESQ_ERRANT

ESQ_ERRANT Registered Member

For what it's worth, whenever, I have a software compatibility problem as you appear to be having -- I get the same error message -- I always suspect my AK first. Even though you apparently have Snoopfree running on both the desktop and laptop and, in one case, there is no problem, you might still try stopping Snoopfree and, perhaps, even uninstalling the app and then see if Blacklight works.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I tried that, and even shut down everything but no luck. It is strange how things work so differently on similar systems.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

4. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

You might want to look into another product if you want freeware anyway. Blacklight expires soon. If you're paying, it won't matter. But last I heard, blacklight free expires on September 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.