Can't restore image from Freecom FSG-3

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aprpac, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aprpac

aprpac Registered Member

Please help if you can......

Last summer I bought a new laptop (Windows XP Pro) and a Freecom FSG-3 network drive. The FSG came with Acronis True Image 8 OEM ("TI"), so after I had set up the laptop with all of my software etc I used TI to create an image of the C drive (the only partition on the laptop) and save it to the FSG (presumably this is what Freecom included TI with its product for?).

I now need to restore the laptop back to that image but find that I can't :'(

When I run TI in Windows, I can select the image on the FSG but it will not restore it because of running applications. It is not possible to close all of the running applications as suggested by TI - presumably Windows would fall over if it was possible to do this?

So I followed the other option to restart the laptop into what appears to be a cut down version of TI. The problem here is that I can't select the FSG from here, only the C drive. Ah, I thought - and copied the image from the FSG onto the C drive first - but TI can't restore from here either.

Next I tried putting the image onto a DVD and restoring from this but get an error message to the effect "you can't restore from a DVD in this version":mad:

I am now at a loss as to what to do next - please help!

Paul

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You didn't say what build of ver 8 you have. The last build was 937. In any case you have a couple of options:
    1. Make the bootable True Image Rescue cd , boot with it and use the Recover feature from its menu.
    2. Download the latest trial version (fully functional for 15 days), install it and again make the bootable Rescue CD and use that CD to try the Recovery again.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aprpac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Windows does not allow you to run an application while this application completely rewrites the partition where Windows is installed. Therefore, Acronis True Image prompts you to reboot the computer into its standalone version to restore the system partition. Once the partition has been restored, you will be able to boot Windows in the usual way.

Please also be aware that the in order to solve the issue with Acronis True Image OEM edition you should contact the OEM vendor from which you have received the software (in your case it is Freecom).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.