Can't Restore: HDE lost interrupt error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charles Jacobsen, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Jacobsen

Charles Jacobsen Registered Member

When I try to restore an image I get a message saying HDE:lost interrupt. The system then hangs and I have to switch off to get out.

The background is that I have used TI for some time on this machine and always been happy with it. I took an image this morning and then tried to make a USB hard disk I bought yesterday bootable. This did not work and I have since found some helpful comments on this forum to explain the position.

I then tried to recover the image but got a message saying not a TI file when I tried to load from Windows. I tried from my rescue disk but this did not work either. I then updated to v3677 and this showed that the image file was OK. However, when I tried to restore it, it worked OK until the computer re-booted and I then got the message hde:lost interrupt. I tried from the rescue disc and got the same result. I then updated the rescue disc to a new dvd and got the same answer.

Can anyone please help me to get the programme working again?

Thanks

2. Charles Jacobsen

Charles Jacobsen Registered Member

I should have added in my post that I had uninstalled TI following the instructions in the Read Before Posting note and then re-installed v3677.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charles,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What do you mean exactly when saying that you "tried to make a USB hard disk you bought yesterday bootable"?

- Is this related to the problem that you experience or somehow caused it?

- Are you able to successfully validate the backup archive in question both when the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running within Windows and when your computer is booted from the Bootable Rescue CD\DVD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

- Where the backup backup archive in question is saved to?

- What operating system did you try to restore?

- Are you able to boot the restored operating system?

- When do you receive the "hde:lost interrupt" error message exactly?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.