Can't restore from VD on HD Mgr 15

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by StephenTOS, Jan 30, 2016.

1. StephenTOS

StephenTOS Registered Member

I created a whole disk backup of my Windows 10 to VD. When I tried to restore it, all I got was an exact duplicate of the backed up image (unrestored file). I can't boot from it and I can't access individual files. I know my lack of knowledge has created this problem, but I don't know how to fix it either. Consulting the manualhasn't worked in helping find the solution. tried to mount the image, but same results as previous effort. Trying to restore led to all sorts of problems with boot devices that eventually led to Dell replacing my 8700 with an 8900. I've given up on trying to restore the old backup. Is there any way I can access the actual individual files from this backup (I backup the entire disk, not individual partitions)? HELP!!

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

If you view your archive list, change to partition view, right click, select mount image, you should be able to access your files as if it's any other drive. This will only work during that HDM15 session.

3. StephenTOS

Thanks, Bill. I did what you said. It worked fine, but the results are the same as if I had simply copied the unrestored file to a different partition. What I mean by that is that the mounted "image" is nothing more than a list of the files such as : hdd-0_e00.p01; hdd-0_e00.p02; hdd-0_e00.p03; and so on. What I mean by the files I want to access are, for example, my Quicken backup file and some spreadsheet files. Any suggestions.

4. wptski

wptski Registered Member

I assume that something wrong happened when you created the the backup. If you can't mount it or restore it, something went wrong.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  5. StephenTOS

While your solution didn't work for that particular backup, it did work on a backup that was 2 weeks earlier. So you must be right...the later backup must be corrupted somehow. Nevertheless, I am thrilled that it worked for the earlier backup. The files I got access to are close enough to the most recent that I am considering my problem solved. I very much appreciate your help. Thanks, Bill!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.